→ Home > About Us
His Holiness Bartholomew I
The Spanish Orthodox Church
Ecumenical Apostolic Chaplain Service
Northridge CA, USA
A brief History. The Spanish Orthodox Church and Ecumenical Apostolic Chaplain Service began in 1987, first as a service to those in nursing homes and then expanding into a broader mission to the Spanish-speaking community in Los Angeles. First under the late Metropolitan Archbishop, Miguel de Soto, and now under Metropolitan Archbishop David Leon Cooper, a Spanish liturgical capacity continues along with other church activities. Our name preserves our heritage.
We are independent and self-governing, with affiliates in Africa, Europe, Brazil, the Pacific and elsewhere. The mission of the Metropolitan Archdiocese is to perpetuate the Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ as understood by the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic church. In addition to conducting Mass and other services, we offer online theological studies and encourage married men to train for the priesthood.
The ministry and outreach of church are enhanced by the involvement of the clergy, religious, and laity in groups such as the Order of Caring Chaplains, Inc., the Knights of God Apostolic, and the Third Order of St. Mary. Enquiries are always welcome, and you can contact the Metropolitan Archdiocese by telephone: 818-390-1452 (no text messages, please).
The Apostolic Succession is the historically traceable lineage of hands-on Consecration (Ordination) of bishops that is an unbroken link with the Holy Apostles.
Our bishops have multiple lines of Apostolic Succession including schismatic Roman Catholic, Old Catholic, Eastern Orthodox, Oriental Orthodox and Anglican as well as others. Our bishops and their Consecrating prelates (bishops) and those before them are to be found in the books of the so-called "books of irregular bishops" that are known to scholars of the Apostolic Succession.
Archbishop David L. Cooper's Credentials:
- Apostolic Succession: +George Bussman Line
- Apostolic Succession: +Walter Wood Line
- LA Daily News
- LA Asian Journal
- Consecration Certificate
- Knights of Religious Order
- Religious Military Order
- Northridge Care Center Ministry
- Archbishop's Certification
- Honorary Chaplain of the Royal House of Malkhut Beit David - Settimo and Maestrich
- Grand Cross of the Order of the Imperial Eagle of Lagash
- Archbishop Affiliated with the Communion of Autocephalous Ecclesiastical Jerusalemite and Primitive.(Holy Throne Primate)
- Grand Cross of the Order of Merit Scientific Theology
- Duke of Lachish, Count of Ramatayim
- Spiritual Grand Prior and Grand Cross Chaplain of the Regional Commandery of Europe
- Archbishop for the Barony and Noble House of Malinovka